Clinics & Services
Practice Nurse/ Healthcare Assistant
The practice nurse has a wide range of medical experience. They are seen by appointment, and perform the following:-
- Regular checks for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma & COPD.
- New Patient, Well Person, and Elderly person checks.
- Immunisations (travel, influenza, tetanus, childhood) & injections.
- Dressings and removal of sutures.
- Ear syringing.
- Cervical smears.
- Advice on dieting and how to stop smoking.
A Baby Clinic is held by a doctor and practice nurse for baby's immunisations and also post natal checks for Mum - reception will contact you when an appointment is booked. Please call us, if you wish too, regarding this.
There are ‘no appointment’ Child Health Clinics (especially for baby ‘weighs’) with the Health Visitor at:
- Park House Centre
61 Burton Road
We now have a Cryotherapy Session for the removal of warts, small skin tags, verrucas etc.
There is no need to see a GP first but you do need to make an appointment at reception. Please ask at reception for the date of the next session - we try to have one clinic monthly specifically for this.
Other Special Services
- Minor Operations.
- Contraception - including Implant fitting. Also coil insertion and removal.
- Private Medicals.