Please note: Reception staff are not allowed to take prescription requests over the telephone (at the Doctors request). Please bring your request into the surgery in writing and allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. There is a box for these at the desk or you can use the post box when we are closed.
Alternatively you can request your medication via online services, or speak to your local pharmacy and ask them to request your medication from us on your behalf.
ORDERING REPEAT ITEMS ON LINE
West Oak Surgery Information for Patients - Ordering Prescriptions on line via Patient Access
· To use the Internet Repeat Prescription Request facility you need to apply in person at reception for an enrolment pin and access ID number to enable you to register on line. You cannot apply for a pin number for another person and we require you to provide proof of identity. Your signature will be scanned into your electronic record.
· Your on line request should be automatically acknowledged but you still need to allow 48 hours for collection.
· The facility is for straight forward authorised ‘repeat’ items only – these items will appear on screen in the website once you have logged on. Any other requests e.g. in the message box will not be issued.
· Non–repeat items . - If you need a previously supplied drug that is not a repeat item then you should make a telephone appointment to speak to a GP. (Telephone appts. can be requested before 11am on the day. They are now also bookable 24hrs in advance.)
· Password Security - We do not know your password and it is your responsibility to prevent access by others into your prescribing record. If you lose your password we can deny access to your record and issue another enrolment form. Under these circumstances you should speak directly to a Practice Secretary or the Practice Manager.
· Patients under 12 – We will allow parents to register for repeat prescription access for children under the age of 12 If a teenager aged between 12-16 requests a password, this will be at the discretion of a GP. Access will be removed when child reaches the age of 12 and they will need to apply in person themselves.
1. Apply at reception with proof of identification
2. Register online using key information given from (1) above (first time only)
3. Remember your log on details given at (2) above
4. Click on ‘Repeat Prescriptions’ tab on the Practice Website
Please let the Practice know if you encounter any problems.