Please note: AT THE DOCTORS REQUEST - Reception staff are NOT allowed to take prescription requests over the telephone. Please bring your request into the surgery in writing and allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. There is a box for these just inside the main door or you can use the post box when we are closed.
Alternatively you can request your medication via online services, or speak to your local pharmacy and ask them to request your medication from us on your behalf.
ORDERING REPEAT ITEMS ON LINE
West Oak Surgery Information for Patients - Ordering Prescriptions on line via Patient Access
Go to the website www.westoaksurgery.co.uk (and click on the 'online services' tab).
Access to this facility is strictly at the discretion of the Practice and can be denied or withdrawn by us at any time.
· Your on line request should be automatically acknowledged but you still need to allow 48 hours for collection.
· The facility is for straight forward authorised ‘repeat’ items only – these items will appear on screen in the website once you have logged on. Any other requests e.g. in the message box will not be issued.
· Non–repeat items . - If it is an item that you have regularly then the Doctor may issue it - please free type in the message box if ordering online. Please be aware that the Doctor may not issue - contact the surgery to check before collection
· Password Security - We do not know your password and it is your responsibility to prevent access by others into your prescribing record. If you lose your password we can deny access to your record and issue another enrolment form. Under these circumstances you should speak to reception in the first instance.
· Patients under 12 – We will allow parents to register for repeat prescription access for children under the age of 12 If a teenager aged between 12-16 requests a password, this will be at the discretion of a GP. Access will be removed when child reaches the age of 12 and they will need to apply in person themselves.
Please let the Practice know if you encounter any problems with the online prescription requesting.